This dish is delicious, healthy and so easy to make. It consists of spaghetti squash, spinach, shrimp and scallops. If you’re vegetarian or vegan, omit the shrimp and scallops and voila a meal the whole family will love.
· First, half and remove seeds and excess pulp from spaghetti squash with spoon.
· Next, heat oven to 375 degrees. Brush the inside of each half with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place cut sides down on a rimmed baking sheet and put sheet into the oven. Roast about 30-45 minutes depending on size and lay aside to cool.
· Sautee Shrimp and scallops in 1tbsp of EVOO and 1 tbsp of coconut oil with a finely grated clove of garlic on a med-low heat. Slow and low here.
· Season with your favorite seasonings (I love Blackened red fish magic). While sautéing squeeze the juice of ½ a lemon on seafood. Remove shrimp and scallops from pan and lay aside.
· Return to the cooled spaghetti squash and hallow out into a bowl.
· Drain excess liquid from the shrimp and scallop pan and add a tbsp. of fresh coconut oil, then allow spinach to wilt on low heat.
· Finally, add spaghetti squash and scallops back into pan give a stir and you’re ready to serve.
Hope you enjoy this quick, delicious meal and feel free to share anything you may have added or changed to make it extra awesome!
Love + Light + Health