I think we can all agree falling in love is a magical time in our lives. It’s fresh, it’s new and it’s lovely. Once we have fully cultivated that kind of miraculous love with ourselves, first, and we are finally ready to enter into a whole, loving relationship with another, I offer you these tips for staying grounded while falling in love.
1. Take time alone daily… no matter how much you want to be with your significant other taking alone time each day will allow you to be even more present for those times you do get to spend enjoying each other’s company. It will also give you that stillness and space to hear what your soul desires to stay in alignment.
2. Continue your spiritual practice… whatever your practice may be whether it’s meditating daily, working out, or yoga don’t skimp. You’re body, mind and spirit will thank you later.
3. Take excellent care of your body… get plenty of rest, eat healthful foods and always nurture yourself by being kind to you. When you are feeling all those extra endorphins from love it’s easy to miss a meal, not get enough rest, and overindulge. This can wreak havoc on your immune system.
4. Get together with friends… stay connected to your soul family, let them know that even though you have met this wonderful person they are still a priority. Remember, it was them who inspired you to be the best you to attract this wonderful person.
5. Try new things… take time to follow your bliss, do more of what makes you happy. Maybe you take that cooking or painting class you’ve wanted to try. This is a great time to call your soul family and get them involved in a new hobby or go it alone and spend some time with you!
6. Never stop growing (not even for a day)… Do whatever it takes to continue growing. Remember, that every moment is the guru. We can learn from all people, places, and things if we remain teachable. So, stay open to growth on a daily basis.
7. Detach from the outcome… how ever this relationship ends up it will end up just the same whether we enjoy the heck out of it or loose yourself completely in it. I suggest we enjoy the ride and live each second to the fullest, one day at a time. Learn about yourself through this beautiful process of falling in love. That way if it should end you will be able to smile because it happened, not cry because it’s over.
Those are my seven tips for staying grounded when falling in love. I hope you found them useful as I have through out my journey. The fun part of falling in love with another is the ability it gives us to cultivate an even deeper love for ourselves.
Love + Light